Reflective Teaching in Further, Adult and Vocational Education
- Dr Margaret Gregson, Dr Sam Duncan, Dr Kevin Brosnan, Jay Derrick, Gary Husband, Lawrence Nixon, Trish Spedding, Rachel Stubley, Robin Webber Jones
- Hardback | 504 pages
- 189 x 246 x 26.92mm | 1,220.16g
- Publication date
- 25 Jun 2020
- Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Bloomsbury Academic
- Publication City/Country
- London, United Kingdom
- Edition Statement
- 5th edition
- Illustrations note
- 39 bw illus
The definitive textbook for reflective professionals in further, adult and vocational education. Now updated with the latest research, the book offers extensive support for trainee and practising teachers in a variety of settings, for both practice-based training and career-long professionalism.
Written by a collaborative author team of sector experts led by Maggie Gregson and Sam Duncan, Reflective Teaching in Further, Adult and Vocational Education offers two levels of support:
- practical guidance for practitioner success, with a focus on the key issues including planning and assessing learning and collaborative approaches to reflective practice
- evidence-informed 'principles' to aid understanding of how theories can effectively inform and develop teaching practices
In addition to new case studies from a wider range of settings than ever before, the new edition offers broader national and international coverage, greater emphasis on work-based learning, and more ideas for exploring classroom communication and meeting a wider range of learner needs.
Readings for Reflective Teaching in Further, Adult and Vocational Education directly compliments this book, providing access to key texts, working as a compact and portable library.
reflectiveteaching.co.uk provides a treasure trove of additional support, including supplementary sector-specific material for considering questions around society's educational aims.